Guitar Tutor is a simple but powerful app to help guitarists learn musical notation. Each guitar note on the playable fretboard is labeled with the note name. When played, the note also appears on the musical stave so guitarists can learn the associations between the note sounds, note names, fretboard positions and the stave.
• Virtual fretboard labled with note names
• Classic fender sound play back
• Notes are displayed in the stave as they are played
• Can be used to tune your guitar
• Test your knowledge of the musical stave or even just the sounds of the notes themselves with the built in test function
• Handy when writing songs on sheet music or when learning to play a piece of music from sheet music
Test your progress
A small inbuilt test is featured that will help you on your path to learning music notation for guitar. Pressing the 'play' button will play a random note on the stave. Your task is to idenify that note before 10 seconds is up. You can do this test without sound, or even with sound only and no notation. Just use the sound and note off/on buttons right of the 'play' button.
Guitar Tutor is available in iTunes for the iPhone here.
Last updated - May 2012